Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Locust Rear Fender

I was in need of a rear fender for the Locust. I liked ribbed wassel fenders but only had a budget of about five dollars for a fender so a fancy wassel was out of the question. I was chill'n with Warren at a swap meet and he was trying to sell a skirted front fender. He sold it to me for five bucks and I turned it into something that fit my tastes.

This is what I started with.

Removed the skirts

Removed the paint and found center.



Welded some round stock in for strength and esthetics.

I didn't run the rib all the way around because I wanted the seat to fit flat to the fender.

I continued the rib on the bottom half to make it look as if it were a fully ribbed fender.

3 comments:

mindpill said...

WHAT? how cool is that.........

Sethro said...

that is an interesting way to skin that cat..lookin groovy mr. kurpius..groovy indeed..

thomas said...

Ohhh yeah, that's a very cool and cheep way to make a kick ass fender.