Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hecatomb

Some artwork I did for a dead game, Hecatomb, for Wizards of the Coast.

a couple of years ago, I got a check in the mail from the Wizards, for $400.
"What the hell is this for, I haven't done shit for them in years, man.

I did, as all dumb-shit knuckleheads do - I called the Wizards up and asked them,
"What the hell is this check for?" and they politley responded -

"Hello, Mr Cotie. Oh yeah! We used some artwork of yours that you painted for us on the dead game (Hecatomb) a couple of years ago and we thought we would pay you for it again, because we're using it somewhere else. Is that ok?"

So I replied, as all really smart, thankful dudes do - "Abso mutha fuckin lutely!"

3 comments:

Kid Kurpius said...

WOW.... I often times find my work printed on magazine covers all over the world..... when I ask where they got it and why they didn't pay me.... they just tell me to get fucked. I wish more people would have the respect these guys do.

Mitch Cotie said...

They are fuckin Wizards, Josh. Wizards of the fuckin Coast, man.

Kid Kurpius said...

Mitch... are you on Spring Break? What the hell are you still doing up?