Friday, March 12, 2010

First Ride

I'm not saying they should be jealous but the guys in places like Southern California just don't know what it feels like to blow your load after a long cold winter of non pony riding action. Oh... Lord... let me tell you how good it did feel! It was the first chance I was able to get out for a good ride without my nose falling off. For some damn reason I have spent very little time in the shop this winter. I never even touched The Locust and finally got a throttle cable put on her today. She started up in a huge ploom of smoke. Still haven't touched the top end... oh well... I just poured more oil in and hit the streets. It was like learning to ride all over again. I forgot just how sketchy this thing is to ride. I about crashed around the first turn. I also found that my riding muscles are horribly out of shape. It was like a full body work out while trying to ride her.

The weather was warm and the skies were unpredictable....... what more could you ask for?








The storm clouds were a chase'n but I wasn't dona riding.


Shit hit the fan!

5 comments:

THR3SHOLD said...

Great Pics! Gonna Git out and Ride.

josh said...

i've always said you have to suffer winter to appreciate the riding season.

all50before50 said...

I've always envied AZ & So Cal riders for there perpetual season until you put it that way. The contrast IS what makes it so monumental. We were lucky in wa. I've got about 500 in the saddle and it's barely middle March. My gay bubble shield= Gay? yes, Nose falling off? not so much anymore.

georgethepainter said...

There is a disadvantage to living in AZ. Sure you can ride damn near everyday but there ain't no down time. The bikes here have to be up and runnin' all the time which means you really have to plan any modifications to your main ride...but if you have a secound bike...well things are different!

Glad said...

That first pic is poster worthy. Makes me wanna go jump on my bike as I type this....