Thursday, January 7, 2010

Radical Robert



I met Robert a year ago at the last Dave Mann Chopper Fest... actually it was the night before. Things got a little out of hand while faces got punched inside of a pizza parlor. We just stood back and watched with grins on our faces.

This time around we were leaving the show headed back down the coast towards Malibu with a pack of other guys. I stayed in the back because I was on Wil's FXR and planned on blasting through the pack to get some riding shots of everyone. About two seconds after getting on the freeway I heard the cherping of what sounded like a cop car. I looked back and sure enough.... cherries and berries. I started working my way over to the side of the road and noticed the cop take off and run down the guy in front of me... pointing at him to pull over. I thought to myself do I keep going? Just then I saw Robert cruising by in the far lane. The cop slid across four lanes of traffic just about running him over while pointing at him to pull over. The bikes were stopped at about quarter mile intervals. I grouped up with Robert and discussed the idea of taking off while the officer dealt with the group a quarter mile up the freeway. Just then the copper threw his car in reverse.. jumped out and gave us the riot act for fucking up the flow of traffic. To be honest I think he was the one fucking up the traffic by zig zagging back in forth across four lanes of traffic. Away Robert and myself hit PCH alone and tried to catch the rest of the group. It was a great ride!

3 comments:

Rudder & Chris B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wes Drelleshak Photography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wes Drelleshak Photography said...

were you there when cement head knee-ed the guy out of the pizza place?