Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Burning Bondo

The idea for the panshovel is to quickly change some things around using what I already have in my stash pile and run it while I finish the Ironhead. My two major concerns before seeing the bike in person were the motor and the neck. The neck pretty looked sketchy in the photos Kory sent me. When I finally got to see the bike in person felt much better about both. The motor is a one kick affair even with the Supper B and the neck although hacked up still has a good majority of the casting there that isn't to butchered. I plan on putting it back to a stock configuration when I finnish the Ironhead... but for the time being I decided to see what was really under all that bondo...... for peace of mind.


Beautiful... ain't she?


After burning out all of the bondo with a torch..... looks like some one already took a torch to the Fat Bob mounts.


cutting out side the plates


Gnarly plates that were welded in.





I welded up the holes and even went so far as to put a little bondo back on it to make it a little prettier for this years ridding


I hit it with a quick coat of black paint to finish her off.

4 comments:

Rudder & Chris B. said...

reveal was pretty rugged! nice forward progress~

Anonymous said...

gotta love those gas welds! The funny thing is, some would argue that the bondo "fad" in the 60's and 70's was a result of poor tech and poor execution, either way it offered another creative direction.

Nice work kid!

MIKE BUZZ said...

NOW YOUR A BODYMAN!! SHIT HOW ARE ANY OF US GOING TO MAKE A LIVING AROUND HERE??? LOOKS GOOD CAN,T WAIT TO SEE THAT THING ON THE ROAD

chris L said...

Hey man that thing looks good man. You gotta let me paint the tins man. I will do it cheap for ya. Let me know.