Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Mega flake


No candy, no flake, just all natural glisten from the underside of a lone trees bark. These wings are the quintessential element in the Searchers paint. I'm hoping that what started out as a dusty little cocoon on an Iowa farm road will provide me with the protection I need when mother nature decides to take it all back. Maybe the good woman will have mercy on me or at least give me one last ride on the rubble.

Bacon's new wife Candice was kind enough to add these precious wings to my collection while we were riding through Iowa last summer. I've had them pressed in my back pocket ever since just waiting for this moment. Afterall, you can't Search without wings. So if you see a swarm of locusts and fire moths cresting the hill on the horizon just know that we haven't found what we're looking for and I don't know that we ever will.

5 comments:

Miriam said...

What a great post to read especially so far away from home. People and places are just as beautiful as they are easy to leave. As soon as it becomes visible, it's temporary. Only the invisible last forever....so weird and cool and perfect.

Mitch Cotie said...

So what youre telling me is...
That you and Miriam just passed those butterfly wings through the grinder and smoked em.

Kid Kurpius said...

My little sister is going to be really upset you went to the Butterfly Museum without her......

grant said...

far out! I used a to have this crazy psychedelic picture made with insane butterfly wings from Brazil...when i was 8. If i still had it, it'd be yours.

B Harlow said...

Thanks Grant, you just keep the corn dog casserole coming and I'll be plenty happy