Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sturgis 2007

It was my first year in Sturgis during the rally. There is something about this place that keeps wanting to come back year after year. No matter how many clowns show up or how bad the police get you are always ready to head back in August. Maybe it's the history or maybe it's the land......... it will always bring you back.



I usually live in a tent at the Broken Spoke County Line. One afternoon I decided to off road the 69 out to a pond that was lined with fifties cars. I parked the bike and started walking the perimeter. I was paying more attention to the cars than were I was walking. I just about stepped right over the top of this guy. It scared the shit out of me. I wasn't sure if he was dead and I didn't need him popping up and stabbing me so I just take a picture of him and let he be. Looks like he was having a good time though. Jack Daniels and some alone time spent with Bear Butte Mountain. Life doesn't get much better than this.

No comments: