Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bittersweet



No words or pictures can express the lives we've lead for the last three weeks but I will do my best. Right now my only concern is getting the rest of the family back safe to laugh again.

Bravetown family member Turbo rode nearly 3000 miles with us on the long way round to Long Beach and got whacked by a driver less than a mile from the Born Free show. He has been healing a dislocated shoulder and road rash at Bacons place while the bike gets put back together with Bacons help. Turbo had a couple of options to get himself and his bike back but he told us the only way he's going back is on his bike. He should be hitting the road any day now and will take it on in true hero form. Godspeed Turbo!

Kevo, possibly the most entertaining maniac on earth, snapped his frame ummmh, a few times and is holed up HIGH in the Rocky Mountains at Joes place. As soon as Kevo gets the metal and buzztip rounded up he'll be on his way back to Milwaukee before returning to Florida. Unfortunately I know how it works at Joes place and the amount of drugs and antics in Kevos future may keep him there through the summer. Hurry up pal we need you back.

Roadworn and Weary is an understatement but the worst part of it all is the end of the road. Life is easy when nothing lies in front of you but a horizon full of untold stories and the most beautiful country on earth. Until tommorrow...

7 comments:

Nick said...

As soon as we got home everyone has asked how the trip was. What am I supposed to say? How do you describe a 5200 mile motorcycle trip across this country with you friends? Glad to hear you made it back ok.

mindpill said...

glad you fellas are getting home slowly in one piece then otherwise..... when are you guys moving to cali, seriously. i gotta get out there at least once. it was a definite pleasure to see you guys again and meet some new faces. you were all cracking me up. until next time. adios amigos.

Guy@GK said...

It was a pleasure to meet you Brian. Glad you made it back safe and sound.

Deb said...

Welcome home my road weary boys! We missed you ever so much. Get some sleep and multiple showers and we'll see you soon for storytime.

Cochise said...

Right On!!! Here is a short story I did for my magazine, it's also on my blog.

If I Could!!!

Man if I had it to do all over again, I’d of graduated from High School and somehow bought me a motorcycle and took off cross country, living from town to town. I would have traveled and played until I was about 45 years old, then I would have found a good place to settle down and went to work in a place where I could have retired with a pension after twenty years. Boy o boy what stories for the children and grandbabies I could have told.

It seems most try this in the opposite direction and by the time they do retire, well hell, they’re just to dang old to ride and to really enjoy life. Many try it, but with the aches and pains that come in the 50’s and 60’s, it’s just to hard to sleep on the ground now. (I’m not saying you can’t do this as an older man, as is evident by many of my friends here, but........).

To be a young man again, and to have a bike, and the strength and stamina to ride America. Working for your beans and gas at small town diners and full service filling stations. Sleeping on the side of the road, wrapped in an old Army tarp. Meeting Americans on the “two lane blacktops”. From coast to coast, just riding and playing. If I could just start over.

My audience with this magazine is probably people over 40, but if you are a kid and you get a hold of this issue, I pray you take this advice. Don’t get married. Don’t go to college yet, beside you will get well educated on the road of common sense. Don’t go in debt, unless it’s for a motorcycle and don’t do that unless it’s your last option. Work while in school and save your money from McDonald's. Screw what some call reality, experience what’s real as you travel. You won’t be sorry!!! So, FTW, go riding!!!

grant said...

that's livin' my friends! it was great to see you guys, wish we had more time with you.......

scott pommier said...

fuck yeah