Friday, April 9, 2010

The Locust King Queen.

You live you learn I suppose. My common sense took a nap while I made my seat. I had a vision in my head of what I wanted and I just had to have that damn stash box I've never used. Come on.... what seventies chopper didn't have a place to stash cocaine, marijuana and small fire arms. The seat turned out exactly how I wanted it to but it is literally painful to ride. It feels something like a Rinosaurous snoot in your lower spine. I've stuck it out for a year but in the rebuild another will be fashioned without a metal horn.

I started with a junk fender for the bottom of the seat pan so the under side of the seat would follow both radiuses of my fender

I made some quick templates and started tacking it together.

the finished seat pan.... ouch.

stash box

The plan was to do everything myself on this bike. I would learn by doing it. I took my seat pan down to Rich Phillips in St. Louis to have him guide my through it. He started in on it and I just let him roll.

It's a good thing he did it because it probably would have looked like shit if I had covered it.

Wrap'n her up

The final product.

7 comments:

Irish Rich said...

Ok, I like that. I like that a lot.

ZZ chop said...

it looks pure evil just sitting there!

ALien POison said...

Man that is awesome! You did a great job on that bike.

Toecutter said...

Awesome ruling it

MARSHALL OVERCLOTH said...

VERY EXTRA GREAT

Noot said...

Way way way cool - Great Job !

Neil said...

Bonkers