Thursday, April 15, 2010

The BlackBirds Maiden Voyage

Taking a bike out for it's maiden Voyage is always exciting. You are pretty confindent in your craftsmanship but there is always the possibility of something really crazy happening. In this case I just wanted to get it rolling and change things as I ride it so I'm still dealing with a bunch of worn out parts or things that work but don't look like they should. I quickly found that my kick stand was junk when my clutch basket dug a nice hole in the drive way while the bike lay on it's side. I then dropped it two other times... once at the DMV and another at the gas station while trying to start it. Made for an interesting day. She still needs a lot of tweaking but she goes pretty good.








2 comments:

WisconsinWillard said...

What kind of carb/air cleaner combo is that?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm that R.R. Crossing looks vaguely familiar, HAHA

Blackbird looks F*cking Great man. Love it.

Lets hit the road soon.. the wind is call our names - maybe a few beers are too..

"C"