Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Diggin up bones

I found myself goin through some old artwork that I produced while I was in art school. About 9 years ago, I had just flushed my Air Force career, and I scored this cool gig illustrating for Fantasy Flight Games drawing interior b/w's for their books. They would pay me $150 a page and I would pack my portfolio full of material. I feel like this shit was some of my favorite stuff I've ever drawn.

I had a part time job as a security guard in Galleria North in Dallas to help ends meet. If I wasn't watchin couples fuck in the parking garage on the video survelance, I would be "on patrol", drawing these in a vacant, 14th floor penthouse office with my radio turned way down.

These are two 1/2 page illos I did while on patrol.

Humans slaughtering giants:

Giants slaughtering humans:




4 comments:

known random said...

your artwork is amazing, makes me want to quit all together. -kr

B Harlow said...

The Wizard dude, the Wizard.

Mitch Cotie said...

Thanks KR. but quit what?

Super71 said...

Mitch your stuff is always mind blowing,I was so stoked when I got a print from you.You should be a rich man with that talent.
Good vibes!