Thursday, July 16, 2009

Stuck?



I'm stuck trying to live in a time that doesn't exist anymore.

I had my chance then, but I wasn’t awake. I meandered through life with my eyes closed.

Now, after prying my eyes open for the past few years, I see that I've missed it. The party's over. Everyone's pulled up their pants, flushed their stash, and destroyed all the evidence. All that's left are grand stories of how good it was.

Today while ridin a late model bike - kept running with scrap parts from bikes that have seen their day, I realize-

That I’m too old to do it over and too young to give up trying.

Do I accept the loss of time and it's pearl; or do I start choking on a new grain of sand to create a new one?

6 comments:

B Harlow said...

write your own story Mitchell. Theirs still roads and plenty of stories to be made.

The Damn Vandal said...

Create a new one dude! Create a new one! I'm trying it over here!

lifeisfuct-diekruzen HEAVY KLOTHING said...

I'D RATHER REGRET THE THINGS I HAVE DONE,THAN REGRET THE THINGS I HAVEN'T. GIBBY HAYNES

mindpill said...

heavy shit..... i`m going to beat off.........

Future Primitive said...

fuck all that mitch, these machines were meant to take you and keep taking you further. you are living those stories, you're already there. just get thunderbaked, get on, kick, and ride that lightning.

---dude think about that time i saw you off elston...throttle screaming.

Mitch Cotie said...

I think now it's time to do both-- accept the loss AND start the new.

thanks,
M.